Optimise Web is an Edinburgh based Digital Agency and we are looking for a talented frontend designer to join our growing team.
Following are the kinds of work that you will be exposed to:
- Work on commercial (retail) eCommerce websites
- Converting design layouts into WordPress and Magento templates
- Provide on-going website design and development
- Support customers by helping them use the content management systems
- Managing domains, hosting and emails for our clients
Though desirable, you do not need to know or have experience in all of the below. If the below interests you, send over your CV!
We use the following extensively
- PHP (Object Oriented)
- XML / JSON
- MySQL – mostly handled via frameworks
- Magento – for eCommerce
- WordPress – for business / brochure / bespoke websites
- Twitter Bootstrap – as a starting point for all website HTML and CSS. Most websites that we do now are Responsive.
- Sublime Text / Netbeans – for coding
- Git (Github and Bitbucket) – for source control
- WinSCP / Filezilla – to manage remote files
- Google Chrome + Inspect Element – for debugging HTML, CSS and JS
- Firefox + Firebug – for debugging HTML, CSS and JS
- A good awareness and experience of HTML and CSS standards and validation
- Possess commercial sense – calls-to-action, conversions, etc.
- Basic understanding of SEO and web accessibility
- Good communication, organization, and management skills
- Fierce desire to learn new applications/processes/environments
- Planning, development and deployment skills
- Experience in Photoshop
- Self motivated and confident with tackling projects of varying sizes
- Ability to organise & manage your own workflow
- Willingness to do both the boring and exciting stuff
- Keen to go the extra mile
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000. Negotiable based on experience.
We are needing someone who can start as soon as possible. Apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com.
P.S. We will not respond to recruitment agencies and outsourcing companies.